Other products by Going In Style
Item #: 3925
Our Price: $9.00

Description  more details

This grounded adapter plug enables your appliance's plug configuration to fit into Austrian electrical power outlets.

Grounded Adapter Plugs

If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adapter plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin. Grounded adapter plugs allow electrical connections from 100 volts to 240 volts.

Other Austria Adapter Plugs
Our customers find it handy to have multiple adapters while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.

If you think you will also need the non-grounded adapter, you can find the Complete Austria Adapter Kit here.

If you think you will only need the non-grouded adapter , you can find the Austria Non-Grounded Adapter Kit on our website.

CE Certified
CE (European Community) Certified, is in compliance with EU legislation, has been properly assessed for safety, health and environmental protection requirements.

An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).

Going In Style Austria Model GIS-AUSTRI-GUB

Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

Austria operates on 230 volt electricity and is generated at 50Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, iPods, iPads etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Toshiba computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

Converter- Changing Current Voltage

Going in Style adapters allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. Adapter plugs DO NOT convert voltage and only change the configuration of the pins. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter. An electricity converter changes the voltage input into your appliance. The United States electrical appliances operate on a lower current of 110-120 volts AC (Alternating Current). Most of the world operates on 220-240 volts AC. Therefore converter units enable your electronic and non-electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity (220-240 volts) to match the voltage requirements of your 110-120 volt device. Failure to run your appliance with a converter could damage your appliance.

Computers and Apple Products

If you are traveling overseas with a Lenovo, Asus, Toshiba, HP laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended.

About Austria


Austria is located in Central Europe, north of Italy and Slovenia and its area is slightly smaller than Maine. Its climate is temperate; continental, cloudy; cold winters with frequent rain and some snow in lowlands and snow in mountains; moderate summers with occasional showers. The terrain is in the west and south mostly mountains (Alps); along the eastern and northern margins mostly flat or gently sloping.


Currency in Austria is the Euro. Credit cards are generally accepted in major cities however it is a good idea to carry small amounts of cash because not all establishments accept credit card. Foreign money and travelers cheques can be exchanged at banks and airports.

Staying Connected

Austria has a highly developed and efficient telephone system, but fixed-line subscribership has been in decline since the mid-1990s with mobile-cellular subscribership eclipsing it by the late 1990s; the fiber-optic net is very extensive; all telephone applications and Internet services are available. When travelling to Austria you will want to take an international or unlocked cell phone with a prepaid Austria SIM card. You can also contact your mobile service provider to set up an international calling plan. You will need an adapter to charge your phone. Most cell phone battery rechargers should be multi-voltage, therefore will not require a converter. If the charger says 100-240 volts, 50-60 cycles then your charger in multi-voltage.

Austria has over 3.445 million internet hosts and over 6.143 million internet users. There is internet access in tourist hotels and internet cafes. When traveling with your laptop or iPad you will need an adapter to charge your device.


Be the first to submit a review on this product!
Review and Rate this Item