About Dual Voltage Appliances

Every country in the world runs on a unique electrical output. Because of this difference in electricity, appliances may not operate correctly when traveling to foreign countries. The United States runs on about 120 volts electricity while many other countries run on 220 volts electricity or higher. Without a converter or transformer you can burn out your appliance.

When traveling with appliances it is important to know whether your appliance is dual voltage. If it is not dual voltage you will need either a converter or a transformer when traveling. Check the back of your appliance to see what the voltage rating is.

Typically cell phones, cameras, tablets and laptops are dual voltage and do not need a converter.

Find the voltage of your destination country using our Adapter List by Country Guide >https://www.goinginstyle.mobi/pages/adapter-list-by-country

Usually hair dryers, curling irons, battery chargers, hair straighteners, electronic razors and electronic toothbrushes are NOT dual voltage. These appliances will need either a converter or a transformer. It is important to check the label for each of your appliances that you will be traveling with.

This video will show you how to check to make sure your appliance is dual voltage.  

Shop for dual voltage hair dryers, hair straighteners and appliances for your next trip.

You can purchase dual voltage appliances hairdryers, hair straighteners, electric shavers locally at our flagship travel store at Stanford Shopping Mall in Palo Alto, California. We carry dual voltage electrics for world wide travelers at Going In Style Travel Accessories, 609 Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304 - Visit the Stanford Travel Store website www.stanfordtravelstore.com for directions to Going In Style.