Channel Islands Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style
Channel Islands Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style
Adapters with Handy Adapter Bag
Back Side of Grounded Plug
Back of Non Grounded Plug
Channel Islands Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

Channel Islands Travel Adapter Kit | Going In Style

Regular price $ 31.00 Save $ -31.00

Only 1 items in stock!

Watch the Eagle Creek Pack It Cube Organization Packing Video

Channel Island Adapter Plug Kit allows you to use your US appliance when traveling to the Channel Islands.

    Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes four adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.
    Standard Adapter Kit: Includes two grounded adapters.
    Basic Adapter Kit: Includes two non-grounded adapters.

    British Channel Islands are not officially part of the United Kingdom  Jersey is the largest of the channel Islands and 47 square miles. Travelers to the Channel Islands can enjoy beautiful green landscapes, cliffs, beaches and harbors. The Channel Islands are a charming group of islands with plenty of cute shops, restaurants and hostels.  Travelers can travel to the Channel islands either by boat or plane. The islands of Jersey and Guernsey are the main points of entry for travel.

    Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter. If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric. For more information see Going In Style's Adapter and Converter Finder.How to tell the difference between a grounded and a non-grounded plug. adapter.

    Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.

    Going In Style Channel Islands Adapter Model GIS-CHAN-B-D-GUB-GUD

    Deluxe Adapter Plug Kit Includes: 

    • Four adapters total
    • Personal adapter travel bag
    • Priority shipping upgrade with tracking
    • Going In Style Adapter Channel Islands Adapter Model GIS-CHAN-B-D-GUB-GUD

    Standard Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

    • Two grounded adapter plugs
    • CE Certified plugs
    • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-CHAN-GUB-GUD

    Basic Adapter Plug Kit Includes:

    • Polarized Plugs
    • Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-CHAN-B-D

    Going In Style Adapters Feature:

    • CE Certified
    • Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other) 
    • Allows connection up to 240 volts
    • Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
    • Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
    • An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
    • Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters

     Going In Style Adapter Plug Grounded and Non Grounded Video


    Grounded Adapter Plugs If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.

    Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.

    Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.

    Channel Islands operates on 220 volt electricity and is generated at 50Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.

    Computers and Apple Products

    If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.

    Converter- Changing Current Voltage Going in Style adapters allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. Adapter plugs DO NOT convert voltage and only change the configuration of the pins. When voltage conversion is needed, use an electricity converter. An electricity converter changes the voltage input into your appliance. The United States electrical appliances operate on a lower current of 110-120 volts AC (Alternating Current). Most of the world operates on 220-240 volts AC. Therefore converter units enable your electronic and non-electronic appliances to run on foreign electricity (220-240 volts) to match the voltage requirements of your 110-120 volt device. Failure to run your appliance with a converter could damage your appliance.

    Adapter Links

    Adapter types listed by country

    Adapter and Converter Finder

    Adapter Videos and Demonstrations

    Shop Adapters by Region Africa, Oceania, South America...

    Shop Adapters by Country Name Listed Alphabetically

    Shop Converters, Transformers and Accessories...

    Shop Adapters by most popular countries to Visit Italy, Korea, Spain...

    Learn about Heavy Duty Transfomers