Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. Check to make sure your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor and other appliances are dual voltage before you leave on your trip. Non-grounded adapters may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter. Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.
Going In Style Namibia Adapter Model GIS-NAM-E-F-GUE-GUF
Going In Style Adapter Video Featuring Grounded and Non Grounded Adapter Plugs
Deluxe Kit Features:
- Four adapter plugs
- Priority shipping upgrade
- Handy travel bag
- Going In Style Country Going In Style Namibia Adapter Model GIS-NAM-E-F-GUE-GUF
Standard Kit Features:
- Two grounded adapters
- CE Certified
- Going In Style Going In Style Namibia Adapter Model GIS-NAM-GUE-GUF
Basic Kit Features:
- Two non-grounded adapters
- Polarized plugs
- Going In Style Going In Style Namibia Adapter Model GIS-NAM-E-F
Going In Style Adapters Feature:
- CE Certified
- Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other)
- Allows connection up to 240 volts
- Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
- Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters
- All Going In Style Adapters will allow a US (North America) plug
Grounded Adapter Plugs If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.
Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.
Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.
Namibia operates on 220 volt electricity and is generated at 50Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.
Computers and Apple Products If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.
Adapter types listed by country
Adapter and Converter Finder
Adapter Videos and Demonstrations
Shop Adapters by Region Africa, Oceania, South America...
Shop Adapters by Country Name Listed Alphabetically
Shop Converters, Transformers and Accessories...
Shop Adapters by most popular countries to Visit Italy, Korea, Spain...
Learn about Heavy Duty Transfomers