Nicaragua Travel Adapter Kit | Going In StyleRegular price $ 15.00 Save $ -15.00
Nicaragua Adapter Plug Travel Kit for traveling to the North American country of Nicaragua. Buy adapters for plugging in your United States electrics into Nicaragua wall outlets when you travel.
Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes two adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.
Standard Adapter Kit: Includes one grounded adapter.
Basic Adapter Kit: Includes one non-grounded adapter.
Nicaragua is located in Central America bordering Costa Rica. Nicaragua uses a two flat pin style of North America adapter plug that is also used in the United States.
Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. This adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.
Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.
Why do I need a North American adapter?
Even though Nicaragua uses North American sockets, the sockets are not required to be polarized. Since devices such as laptops have a polarized plug with one prong wider than the other, you may still need an adapter to use your plug in Nicaragua.
Going In Style Nicaragua Adapter Model GIS-NIC-A-GUA
Deluxe Kit Features:
- Two adapter plugs
- Priority shipping upgrade
- Handy travel bag
- Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-NIC-A-GUA
Standard Kit Features:
- One grounded adapter
- CE Certified
- Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-NIC-GUA
Basic Kit Features:
- One non-grounded adapter
- Polarized plugs
- Going In Style Adapter Model GIS-NIC-A
Going In Style Adapters Feature:
- CE Certified
- Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other)
- Allows connection up to 240 volts
- Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
- Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters
- All Going In Style Adapters will allow a US (North America) Plug
- Note: The plug may fit tightly at first but will loosen up after multiple uses
Grounded Adapter Plugs
Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs
Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.
Watch our video on grounded vs non-grounded adapters.
Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.
Computers and Apple Products
If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.